Topic-icon All Aboard! The Country Bus

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #3914 by Pam

BBC boards slow Bus

BBC4 in the UK has ordered its latest ‘slow TV’ show, this time following a bus travelling on some of Britain’s most beautiful roads.

All Aboard! The Country Bus is being produced by UK prodco The Garden, who were behind fellow BBC4 slow TV shows All Aboard! The Sleigh Ride and All Aboard! The Canal Trip.

It will be produced and directed by Sam Wildman and executive produced by Lucy Bowden and Magnus Temple.
The show will be filmed in real time as it follows the Northern Dalesman bus journey across the iconic landscape of the Yorkshire Dales.
Cassian Harrison, channel editor at BBC4, said: “I’m delighted that slow television has struck such a chord with BBC4 viewers. This programme promises to be another very special treat; an opportunity to sit back and appreciate the sights and sounds of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales in a rich and absorbing antidote to the frenetic pace of modern life.”

The slow TV phenomenon was started by Norwegian pubcaster NRK with a voyage around the countries fjords.

More www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/201...oard-the-country-bus
and www.c21media.net/bbc-boards-slow-bus/

(I've written to the production team)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Knibb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #3915 by Pam

PS in case you're not sure of the significance of this, listen to Jake's song "Country Bus", and also "Go Little Swale" in which Buttertups is mentioned, and apparently this country bus in the film will probably go through there. Nothing yet from the production team.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #3931 by Chanteur

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to have them stop off at a 'Jake' event en route!!

More
7 months 1 week ago #3940 by Pam

Looks like it's going to be on next Monday, Bank Holiday, BBC4 at 8pm (but can we always trust the BBC?)

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #3941 by Pam

Did anyone besides me watch it? I loved it, didn't want to leave the TV in case I missed something! However, their country bus wasn't rollicking or frollicking or even uproarious, it was quite respectable, the passengers were mostly white-haired gentlefolk there for the ride.

However, the journey bore a strong resemblance to "Go Little Swale" which mentions places like Booze, Muker, Gunnerside and Crackpot and later on Thwaite, Grinton, Healaugh and Buttertubs, many of which the bus passed through and quite often little signposts popped up with a description of where they were or how they got their names.

And it was beautiful.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #3942 by Hugh Williams

Just a quickie Pam.
I did watch part of the Bus Trip ( I had to go to my local Wetherspoons to sample some real ale with various friends of mine) and still have the last part of the programme recorded for future viewing.
All good stuff.
Keep posting (there never seems to be much "going on" nowadays ; the last "NEWS" was about the New Brighton Jakefest of 2014 !)

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds